The City of Lubbock Solid Waste Services department will offer residential customers convenient programs for the proper disposal of household items too large to place in the residential dumpsters.
Acceptable loads may be transported in a passenger car, pickup truck or small trailer (6 ft. or less) and total volume should not exceed the equivalent of a pickup bed. Loads should have a tarp over them or be covered to prevent load from spilling on the roadway while on route to the site.
Citizen Convenience Station Locations
1631 84th St.
West of Avenue P
208 Municipal Dr.
4th Street Exit From I-27, Follow Road Signs
(Across from Meadowbrook Golf Course)
(73rd & Milwaukee, West of the Water Ground Storage Reservoir)
4307 Adrian Street
(N. Quaker & Adrian, North of the Water Ground Storage Reservoir)
The intent of the restrictions is to ensure that the only users of these sites are residents hauling from their own single-family residential homes.
DO NOT place items outside the fence during closed hours as this constitutes illegal dumping.
Hours of Operation
8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Closed during City of Lubbock Holidays
Rules of Use
As per state law, this sites are for the exclusive use of residents of the City of Lubbock hauling household items from their own single-family residential home.
COMMERCIAL LOADS ARE NOT ACCEPTED AND ATTENDANT RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REFUSE A LOAD.
Homeowners must unload their own materials and place them in the appropriate waste container.
Homeowners must show a driver’s license with a City of Lubbock address to attendant before using site.
There are restrictions for types of materials accepted at the sites and for the quantity/volume of items accepted at the sites. Generally, the volume should not exceed the equivalent of one pick-up bed.
Accepted Items & Quantity Limitations
With proper I.D., a driver’s license with a City of Lubbock address, residents are allowed to use the sites 4 times per year to dispose of household items that are too large to fit into residential dumpsters. The following are the ONLY items taken at these sites:
- OLD FURNITURE – limit 4 pieces per visit
- OLD APPLIANCES – limit 2 per visit (For health and sanitary reasons, refrigerators and freezers must be empty of all contents. Refrigerators or freezers that are not empty or with taped doors will be rejected and not allowed for drop-off. City Staff will remove Freon.)
- SCRAP METAL – limit pickup load or less per visit.
- FENCE SECTIONS – limit 100 feet and only once per year.
- CARPET SECTIONS – limit 2 rolls per visit.
- YARD WASTE – accepted only in smaller loads - not to exceed the equivalent of a pickup bed.
- MISCELLANEOUS CLEANUP WASTE – not to exceed the equivalent of a pickup bed.
These materials may be transported in a passenger car, pickup truck or small trailer (6 ft. or less) and total volume should not exceed the equivalent of a pickup bed. Loads should have a tarp over them or be covered to prevent load from spilling on roadway while on route to the sites.
Other Accepted Waste
Users must sign in with attendant and show driver’s license.
- USED MOTOR OIL & FILTERS, AND USED ANTIFREEZE — Pour used motor oil in Igloo. Place filters inside barrel. Pour used antifreeze in appropriate bin. Antifreeze and motor oil only – NO FUEL mixtures! Under 5 gallons only. Do NOT mix used motor oil with anti-freeze coolant, or any other chemicals. PLACE MOTOR OIL AND ANTI-FREEZE IN APPROPRIATE BIN.
- VEHICLE BATTERIES – accepted at Northside & Southside only,limit 2 per year per address.
- AUTO TIRES – Four passenger vehicle tires without rims will be accepted at any of the four convenience stations,limit 4 per year per address.
- HOUSEHOLD COOKING GREASE, accepted at Southside only
Anyone hauling waste from a commercial establishment, business, multi-family residential property, governmental or municipal site is in violation of state law if using these sites.
In addition, anyone receiving payment to haul waste from a residential property is in violation of state law if using these sites. Violators will be identified and prosecuted for Theft of Service and Illegal Dumping.
(include but are not limited to:)
- Construction and demolition material
- Concrete, bricks and rock
- Remodeling material
- Garbage or rubbish or regular household or business trash
City of Lubbock Transfer Station and Landfill
ANYTHING not listed should be taken to the City of Lubbock Transfer Station and Landfill located at 8425 N. Avenue P, (806) 767-2492. A disposal fee may apply.
County residents, commercial customers and city residents with large loads should call the Landfill, (806) 767-2492 or (806) 757-2151 for disposal options.
Free Disposal at Landfill
Call (806) 757-2151 for information
With proper I.D., a driver’s license with a City of Lubbock address, residents are allowed to use the sites 12 times per year. Household items such as furniture, brush, and appliances (excluding refrigerators and freezers) can be disposed of with proper I.D.
City of Lubbock residents that meet the criteria of the policy are limited to 12 free loads per year and must be hauling from their homes in automobiles, pickups or single/dual axle trailers only. All other vehicles will be charged for use of the landfill. Loads must be properly covered. Call (806) 757-2151 for more information.
are excluded from the free disposal policy.
NOT ELIGIBLE FOR FREE DISPOSAL AT THE LANDFILL: Roofing materials, shingles, construction/remodeling, fencing, or demolition materials.