It is anticipated, and it is the goal of the City, that water use during implementation of Stage 1 be reduced to less than 90% of the City’s maximum daily supply capacity. Stage 1 of the Plan shall be implemented if any of the following conditions arise:
The following restrictions shall apply:
- Maximum day water use exceeds 80% of the city’s maximum daily supply capacity for ten (10) consecutive days.
- Water supply available from all sources is only sufficient to meet projected needs.
- Water availability is adequate but lake water levels, reservoir capacities, or groundwater supplies are low enough that some concern exists for future water supplies if the drought or emergency condition continues.
- Landscape irrigation is restricted to two (2) days per week. Irrigation schedules will be based on the last digit of the address:
- Monday & Thursday - 3, 4, 9, 0
- Tuesday & Friday - 1, 5, 6
- Wednesday & Saturday - 2, 7, 8
- On your irrigation day, you may water from Midnight to 10:00 a.m., then again from 6:00 p.m. to Midnight, from April 1st to September 30th.
- Irrigation should provide a maximum of 1.5 inches per zone per week.
- Winter irrigation, October 1st thru March 31st may only occur when temperatures are above 35°F, so as not to cause a freezing hazard.
- Irrigation should occur without significant water runoff, which can be accomplished by correctly cycling the sprinkler system and allowing time for the water to soak into the landscape between irrigation events.
- All City of Lubbock operations will adhere to the water use restrictions.
- Hand watering, soaker hoses, and drip irrigation systems are allowed on a daily basis regardless of the time of the year.
- New plant material may be irrigated on a more frequent basis for the first three weeks after installation with an approved variance request.