Mountain Bike Trails Martin Luther King, Jr. Mountain Bike Trail Thank you to the West Texas Cycling and Caprock Multi-Sport Club for their assistance in building and maintaining the trails and for their assistance in providing the information on this page!
From I-27, take 19th Street east approximately 2 miles to Martin Luther King, Jr. Boulevard. Turn south approximately 1/2 mile to Canyon Lakes Drive. Turn East approximately 3/4 mile. Watch for boat loading ramp/parking lot on right (south of road on north shore of lake). Mountain Bike Trail - Aerial Maps
(pdf file) Guidelines
- Ride At Your Own Risk!
- Helmets required at all times while on bike.
- Bicycles and hikers only.
- No motorized vehicles or horses allowed on the trail.
- Stay on established trail and do not cut across course.
- Keep our trails clean - do not litter!
- Ride alert and yield the right-of-way to all other recreationists.
- These trails are built and maintained by volunteers--do your part!
- No new trails can be built without the permission from the City of Lubbock.
- All animals must be on leash.
- Trails are designed for clockwise travel. Be very alert if riding counter clockwise. Clockwise travel has the right of way.